Information Technology is a primary facilitator shaping the university’s future, which in turn shapes our community, our state, and the world beyond. Increasingly, it is information technology devices and services that serve as the tools enabling advances in research, education, clinical practice, extension, and outreach.
Our job in UFIT is to provide faculty, students, and staff with the robust, high-quality IT services required to do mission- critical work. I invite your feedback about UFIT—on current services and any ideas you have for improving the IT environment at our university.
The UF VP-CIO:
- Develops and executes IT strategy in alignment with the university’s mission
- Guides UFIT governance to establish priorities and allocates resources
- Develops action plans and ensures their successful implementation
- Develops an effective and efficient IT workforce
- Develops and enforces IT policy
- Ensures delivery of appropriate, effective, efficient, sustainable and secure IT services to the UF community
- Engages all stakeholders to ensure transparency and promote collaboration