Information Resource Review Policy
The University of Florida is committed to development, deployment and operations of a productive, cost-efficient and secure information technology environment in support of its missions. The university reviews information technology purchases as necessary to meet its commitments.
- All software purchases of $20,000 or more are subject to review. Software purchases are those with Object Code 516033 or UNSPSC Codes beginning with 4323.
- All hardware purchases of network equipment, telecommunications and video conferencing equipment are subject to review regardless of dollar value. Hardware purchases of network equipment, telecommunications and video conferencing equipment are those with Object Code 516042, 512021, 516053, 516055, 516056, 516057, 519082 or UNSPSC Codes beginning with 4319, 4320, 4322, 4511, or 8611.
This review policy replaces all previous Information Resource Review policies.
Information Resource Review Procedure
- Purchase orders containing items meeting the review criteria in the Information Resource Review Policy are forwarded to the Information Resource Manager (IRM) for review.
- The IRM will complete the review within 2 business days of receipt and notify the department submitting the purchase order and the UFPurchasing Department of the results of the review in writing.
- If approved by the IRM, the purchase order may be subject to additional review under other policies and procedures. If disapproved, the purchase order will be returned to the department submitting the purchase order for reconsideration.
Click here for Word (.doc) document
Updated February 25, 2004