Office 365 ProPlus: Free Downloads
UFIT is pleased to provide access to free copies of Office 365 ProPlus to UF students, faculty, and staff. As part of UF’s campus-wide licensing agreement, the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Education program allows multiple full downloads to personal devices of Office 2013 Professional Plus, Office 2016 for Mac, and Office for iPad at no charge.
Where can I download my copies of Office 365 ProPlus?
Instructions for installing the software and managing licenses are available via these links:
- Mobile Devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone
- Managing subscriptions
- Minimum System Requirements
Update: Office 2016 for Windows
Office 2016 for Windows has been released but will not be available through UF’s Office 365 tenant until February. You can however download the Office 2016 ProPlus directly from Microsoft at the link below.
Who is eligible?
The Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Education benefit is available to all students, faculty, and staff with valid GatorLink ID. While the majority of UF faculty and staff are eligible to receive this benefit, under the current university identity provisioning process, some members of the university community may be excluded.
What software can I download?
UF students, faculty, and staff can download full offline copies of Office 2013 Professional Plus, Office 2016 for Mac, and Office for iPad on up to five personal machines (such as a desktop or a laptop) and to five tablets. You can also run Office for iPad on up to five mobile devices and Office Mobile for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone on unlimited devices.
With your free downloads of Office 365 ProPlus you can:
- Run Office 365 ProPlus (PC/Mac) on up to 5 five computers (desktops, laptops) as well as your iPads and personal tablets
- Run Microsoft Office Mobile for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone on unlimited devices
- Stay up-to-date with all of the latest updates and releases for Office 365 ProPlus
- Create and store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Publisher files locally on your machine
- Connect your email account to the Outlook desktop client, opening more features to use with your email and calendars
Where can I get training on Office 365 ProPlus?
- Office 2013 for PC
- Excel 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Word 2016 for Mac
- Excel for iPad
- PowerPoint for iPad
- Word for iPad
- Office Mobile for iPhone here and here
- Office Mobile for Android here and here
What happens when I graduate or leave UF?
Questions? Contact the Help Desk!