Submitting a Concept Paper
Any student, faculty, staff member or organization at UF can propose a concept paper to the Technology Fee Advisory Committee (TFAC).
Approval of a project proposal required a multi-step process.
- A concept paper that strictly adheres to the requirements below must be submitted to the Committee.
- The Committee will review the submitted concept paper and accept or reject it. Rejected concept papers can be resubmitted in following cycles.
- Accepted concept papers will be invited to submit a proposal and provided with a proposal template.
- The Committee will review the submitted proposal and accept or reject.
- Accepted proposals will be forwarded with a recommendation to the CIO.
- The CIO will make a final decision on project proposals to be funded.
- Funded proposals will be announced and posted on this web site.
- Concept paper must address "…instructional technology resources for students and faculty." (Florida Statute 1009.24)
- Concept papers and proposals must be submitted in the required template.
- Concept papers and proposals must include an approved signature from the Dean of the College, Unit Director, or Vice President for Student Affairs that houses the student, staff or faculty member.
- Concept papers and proposals must be reviewed and include an approval from the core UFIT unit that is expected to manage the project resulting from the proposal. Please allow sufficient time for this portion of the process. The core UFIT units and their respective contacts are:
- Academic Technology, The Office of Academic Technology (AT) provides resources, technical assistance, and equipment to assist the University of Florida faculty, staff and students. The three general divisions of AT include support for media services, instructional technology and teaching/learning. Fedro Zazueta, Associate CIO and Professor, Director email@example.com
- Computing and Networking Services, CNS provides large-scale computing and networking services for the University of Florida, University of North Florida, and for other state educational institutions and agencies in northern Florida. The CNS facilities are used for instructional, administrative, and research computing. Divisions of CNS include Network Services and Telecommunications. Tim Fitzpatrick, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Technology Services, Customer Technology Services provides user support, workstation support, server-based services and Web site maintenance to administrative units across the university. Elwood Aust, Director email@example.com
- Enterprise Systems, Enterprise Systems supports UF-wide enterprise systems. Currently these services are provided by a variety of units including Bridges. Under the current UF IT Action plan these units are being reorganized into Enterprise Systems. Dave Gruber, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and Security Compliance, Information Security and Compliance has a mission to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of restricted and critical data of the University. Rob Adams, Chief Information Security Officer email@example.com
- Research Computing, Research Computing and the High-Performance Computing Center provides high-performance computing resources and support to UF faculty whose research depends on large-scale computing. Erik Deumens, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates for the 2012-2013 Technology Fee Funding Cycle
|First call for concept paper submissions||Monday, 12/10/2012|
|Second call for concept paper submissions||Tuesday, 1/07/2013|
|Deadline for submissions of concept paper||Friday, 2/15/2013|
|Notification of rejection or invitation to submit a proposal||Friday, 3/08/2013|
|Deadline for submission of proposal||Wednesday, 4/15/2013|
|Notification of funded proposal||Monday, 5/13/2013|
|Funding available to awarded proposals||August|
Submission of a concept paper requires that you send:
- The concept paper in the required template in electronic format to Anne Allen. Concept papers not sent in electronic format will not be considered.
- An approval form with all required signatures by mail to the address below or fax to (352) 392-7065.
Technology Fee Concept Paper
PO Box 117345
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-7345