VP-CIO Welcome Message
Vice President and
Chief Information Officer,
Elias G. Eldayrie
Information Technology is not only fundamental to everything we currently do in universities; it is a primary facilitator for the innovations that will shape our future. It is in part a common set of devices and services that can be and are taken for granted and, in part, a complex of ever evolving precision tools that enable and drive advances in research, creative work, undergraduate and graduate education, clinical practice, extension and outreach.
Our job in UFIT is to provide faculty, students and staff with the high quality IT infrastructure, applications and support services they need to do university and unit-level mission critical work. To be optimally effective, our work must align exactly with the strategic imperatives and the strategic plans of the University.
The 18-month University's Strategic Plan for Information Technology was approved in August, 2011. The plan, developed by UFIT's six governance committees and with input from UF's faculty, students, and students, is available at http://www.it.ufl.edu/ciooffice/strategicplans.html. I invite you to read the plan that will serve as our roadmap through 2013. I welcome your feedback about the strategic plan or any comments you have about UFIT.
The UF VP-CIO:
- Develops and executes IT strategy in alignment with the university's mission
- Guides UFIT governance to establish priorities and allocates resources
- Develops action plans and ensures their successful implementation
- Develops an effective and efficient IT workforce
- Develops and enforces IT policy
- Ensures delivery of appropriate, effective, efficient, sustainable and secure IT services to the UF community
- Engages all stakeholders to ensure transparency and promote collaboration